How to manually select the best paying ads?
Once you have set up your Bidvertiser for a new domain and manual approval option selected, you could go to the Ad Status tab and manually approve all the ads there that are above a particular Max bid value, say $0.25. This one time effort can take as long as 5-6 minutes. Subsequently, on a regular basis (say once in two days or so) you need to log on to your Bidvertiser account and approve any new ads  that are available based on your criteria.
The following is the strategy that I use to approve ads:
- All ads with the highest bid of a minimum $0.25 is approved blindly regardless of the geographic regions
- If there are ads specifically geo-targeting countries like India, Pakistan, China and certain East European or African nations, I approve them even if the highest bid is only $0.05. If you do not do this, the fill rate is going to be low for those regions 
- However, if there are higher bids (than $0.05 covering the above geographic regions) then you don’t need to necessarily choose ads with such low bids. Please note that, despite all these optimizations you might still fill-rate issues at times
- Understand (from your Google Analytics or Alexa statistics) which all countries you get more traffic from and select the ads with best bids for those locations
It is only a matter of time, before you get used to this approval process and learn on the fly how CPC can be improved. Depending on the fill rate, you may choose not to approve ads on a daily basis but move towards a weekly cycle or so.
- Referral program: Bidvertiser has one of the best publisher & advertiser referral schemes among the CPC ad networks. Basically you will earn $5 when your referred publisher earns $10 and an additional $40 when he earns $50. The click through rate for their banners is pretty high as well and hence use referral banners for maximum returns 
- Avoid putting more than one Bidvertiser ad block per page as there is a very high chance of repeated ads being displayed.
- Avoid Bidvertiser for feed ads as my initial experiments did not yield much from the feed ads despite having a decent number of feed subscriptions
Hope these tips are useful to you to optimize your Bidvertiser returns. Please provide your comments on this post and feel free to bookmark the same so that it can be useful for others as well.
Happy money making with Bidvertiser!
Pages: 1 2