It’s been three years since we launched DollarShower… Happy Birthday Baby!
On this day of 2008, we officially made this blog public having created some minimum content during the month before. We abruptly decided to launch it on April 14th because it’s an auspicious festive day (New Year for many Indian states).
When we started this venture, I did not have any confidence that I would push it this far, having experienced several starts and stops with respect to website and blog creation in the past. However, now I am happy that the blog is still alive though the post frequency has come down drastically. But then, since my main profession is not exactly blogging, I don’t have any complaints on that front.
How did things go so far?
As I just mentioned, my commitment on blogging front has reduced as I started focusing on other online opportunities such as Internet marketing that doesn’t take a lot of time from my side. However, overall the blogging and make money blogging topics related content creation is something that’s close to my heart and I plan to reserve some of my time for this blog as much as I can.
The summary for the past three years is as follows:
- Close to 350 posts and 6000 comments – no guest posts so far
- The blog runs on a self developed theme and a couple of my own plugins
- Released a WordPress plugin for public use
- Conducted an awesome SEO competition the details of which can be found here
- The blog generates 4-figure income per month on a consistent basis. This includes income from my online campaigns wherever lead separation is not possible
- The traffic is not great yet but again, I couldn’t ask for more for the 4-5 hrs per week work that I am putting in here, I guess.
Some of the failures or improvement areas include:
– My inability to focus on social media marketing, in general, marketing has been bad anyhow.
– Not redesigning the blog professionally
– Not committing enough time (e.g. a post per day) so as to drive a lot of traffic and hence boost in income
– Not being able to network with a lot of like-minded people. For that matter, many times I had conflicts with the way, new generation bloggers think and act.
Regardless, it has been an amazing journey. A lot of learnings and now I know exactly what it takes to make the next project really big.
Happy Birthday once again and happy blogging!