Recently, I stumbled upon this little free tool to monitor your keywords, search phrases ranks in Google search results. It is called Google Monitor and it is developed by the same company (CleverStat) that developed PaRaMeter. I had reviewed PaRaMeter in one of my older posts that talked about free tools to check internal page ranks of your domain.
Google Monitor is a pretty simple tool and it is so easy to use. All that you need to do is to add your domain URLs into the tool, its keywords (search phrases as well), set the number of search result pages to search and you are ready to go.
Merrits of Google Monitor
- You can enter any number of keywords and search phrases to monitor their search positions
- It shows you the historic search ranking (i.e. Best position ever, current position)
- You can set the number of search results to check via preferences
- Can be used to play around with competitors’ keywords
- Can import/export keywords
A short coming would be that it has support only for Google (CleverStat also sells an advanced tool that has support for major search engines as well as features to drive your keyword campaigns etc. But that will cost you $99 per license). If you want to do free single keyword queries for other search engines you should use something like the Search engine genie tools.
You can download Google Monitor for free via this download page. Let me know if you found it useful.