Just like many inexperienced bloggers, I have not been concentrating enough on my blog’s vital statistics all this while. But after being a little bit successful in creating a small readership (Thank you all!), I thought, it is about time I took this blog to the next level. And this month, I am setting a target to myself to significantly improve my Technorati rank that is currently stuck at 358049 with an authority of 20 and 22 fans.
As you all know Technorati rank is the ultimate benchmark for measuring the popularity of a blog and it happens to be the best blog content aggregator and blog search portal. So if you have a blog and you have not got a Technorati account you should consider signing up right now! And then you could participate in my Technorati love game which is a value proposition for your blog as well as mine.
How do you take part in this game?
The rules are very simple! All that you need to do is to…
- Add this blog to your Technorati favorites using this link or the Technorati favorite image on the sidebar!
- Make sure that you use relevant tags about this blog, if asked for, while fave’ing
- Once you add me, post a comment here with your current technorati rank and Technorati fave link or account name and I will fave you immediately!
- In the mean time, you could also request other commentators here to fave you as well!
- At the end of the month, all of us should be having an excellent increase in the Technorati ranking and we will publish it here! Now, that is a win-win situation right?
You could also discuss here any tips to improve the ranks!
Why is Technorati rank so important?
Being the premier blog popularity index, the blog advertisers care a lot about Technorati rank than just Alexa or Google PR both of which can be dramatically improved rather easily if you invest a few bucks. To obtain a high Technorati ranking, you really need some buy in from other bloggers and once you have a great rank that can improve your monetization power drastically! Instead of displaying Google or Bidvertiser ads, it wouldn’t hurt if you get paid $100 or $150 a month for a single 125×125 ad slot, right? That is the power of a high rank! (Of course, nothing would come your way without good content)
So, what is stopping you now? Let’s give it a go!
(Give and take valid till August 31, 2008)