In June this year, I had written a post about deep linking and explained the important role that it plays in SEO Optimization of your blog. I have been trying to practice some of those nice things mentioned in that post but thought it’s about time I took it to the next level.
Right now, I am planning to run a deep linking project whereby this blog together will all participating blogs will form a well deep linked blog network with relevant contents that will help the big search engines to rate us all better. We are not talking about paid links or blogroll here but relevant deep linking with no specific result expectations, deadline or target.
The goal of this project
The goal of this project is to attain the following in short term:
- Better search engine visibility of the internal posts and hence more search visits to the same
- Improved blog rank (Read technorati)
- Improved homepage PR via boosted internal page PRs
- Getting to know new bloggers
The rules, that the participating blogs/bloggers need to follow, are very simple. If you want to link to me from one of your relevant (old) posts, just contact me via the contact form with (1) the permalink of the particular post and (2) the keyphrase that you expect in the backlink from me. On receipt of your mail, I shall reply to you with my keyphrases and the link back post permalink. And the deal gets closed.
However, the following criteria need to be kept in mind for selecting your deep link posts.
- Only blogs can participate in this project – no forums, generic websites etc
- Only posts or pages with a valid PR (at least zero) will be considered and the link back will be from the same PR pages. Due to this reason, very recent blog posts may not be eligible
- Relevancy to the linking posts need to be maintained (e.g. if you have a post about blogging tips, you may need to link to my post dealing with the same topic
- Posts with a timestamp within last six months is preferred due to technorati reasons
- Links (of course, dofollow) should be from within the content with the natural flow of the post maintained and not as link love posts that list numerous links
- Please publish link edited posts rather than just saving it so that the WordPress ping services do their part
- Do not discuss the backlinked posts or keywords as comments to THIS POST (Other comments about this idea in general are welcomed)
- Paid services and link brokers please excuse!
Happy Link Building!